In a culture that often avoids talking about loss, the Grief Support Group will give you the opportunity to share your story. You will also hear the stories of others and talk about coping day-to-day and on the most difficult days of your grief journey.
Working our way through grief is some of the hardest work we will ever have to do, but realizing that we don’t have to do it all by ourselves can be life-affirming. One of the saddest realities about losing a loved one, whether that is a person or a cherished animal companion, is that friends and family members tend to be finished with our grief long before we are done with our own need to talk about it. That’s why it’s so important that we find understanding, non-judgmental listeners with whom we can openly acknowledge our reactions and experiences, express and work through our pain, and come to terms with what has happened to us.
What we offer in group:
- Emotional support in a safe and non-judgmental environment.
- Support and understanding from others who have experienced a similar loss.
- The opportunity to begin the healing process through learning about grief and taking care of yourself.
- Coping skills to help you through the most difficult days of your grief journey.
- Hope through companionship with people who “get it” and understand first-hand what you’re going through.
|Program Format:||2 hr sessions | Thursday Afternoons|
|How to Register:||You can self-refer by calling our scheduling coordinator at 780-756-3434 Ext. 262.
Pre-registration is required.
|Location:||Mira Health Centre, Suite 114|
Looking for a family doctor? Go to our FIND A DOCTOR page.